Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 23, 2009

Testing 1,2,3...

The only test I have received so far is a blood test.

The day after my gynecologist appointment, I had an early morning blood test. I barely made it to the clinic since I wasn't allowed to eat nor drink anything before the test.

When I entered the room, the nurse made me sit on a lazy-boy type of chair (how comfy!) and placed a basket full of tubes on my lap. I only realized that I had to fill all the glass tubes on the 3rd round. My goodness! There was at least 10 tubes there with a large one towards the end. Talk about blood letting!

Since the nurse was French speaking, I was limited to saying only: "cava", "beau coup", "merci" and "au revoir". LOL. Those were the only appropriate words that I can remember from French class since I am now studying Dutch.

I was so scared to walk away from the room, thinking I might faint. It was the first time ever that I had to give out so much blood. Thankfully, there was a grocery store nearby and I bought some fruit and drink before walking to work.

Needless to say, I survived! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment