Manual grinding of the poppy seeds, buchty filling
Over the weekend, David baked "Buchty", a Czech cake. It was unexpectedly masarap (delicious). I 'heart' buchty... so does Czili! ;)
Thumbs up for approval :)
Besides experimenting in the kitchen, we did a lot of shopping for this last weekend of summer sale. This includes Czili's stroller and car seat. It was not an easy decision since there were a lot of models to choose from. In the end, we've decided to buy something suited for our traveling lifestyle: a combination of a Quinny zapp, maxi-cosi car seat and later on a sling for Mai and a back-pack for David.
I had my monthly check-up this week. So far I have gained a total of 13.2lbs (6kgs) and have added 10 inches to my waist. Just average... not bad at all. But I did confess to my doctor that I have gained the last 4lbs. in the last 2 weeks without increasing my food intake. Magic! She assured me that my body is just more absorbent to food nutrients now :) Hehe... I found that funny. Something new for this check up is that finally my OB started my urine analysis. Also, she measured my uterus (21cm) and checked if my cervix is still closed. I guess the doctor is doing a head start for the 3rd trim adventure :)
The only downer this week is the leg cramp. I've had 4 so far (and counting). My OB had perscribed magnesium... I hope that'll work! My belly is also starting to feel tight... here's where I pray the stretchmark oil would do it's miracle :p LOL
I've also enrolled on kinetic therapy and info. session classes about child birth, child care and breastfeeding in Erasmus Hospital, where I plan to give birth. David, will be my birth partner and should be attending those classes as well... looking forward to those lovely massages :)
Finally, we have enrolled Czili to a creche near our future residence. It's called Boum Badaboum. Hehe. Check it out: http://www.boumbadaboum.be/nursery/index.php. It's an English speaking creche esp. aimed for those moms working in NATO. They only have a slot for July 2010 but may have an openning for April 2010... we took the chance cause we loved the facility and the friendly staff. They only cater from 0-3 years though, so we may have to look at other creche for long term.


No comments:
Post a Comment