Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 28

I'm not sure if it was the plane ride or the hot weather... but I caught an edema on my left ankle at the start of week 28. I was getting ready to sleep when I discovered my swollen ankle and was astounded by the reality... that I am REALLY pregnant! :p Seriously, I told David that if ever I get stretchmarks now, I would definitely cry. LOL. Luckily, the following day we visited an outdoor pool, which they comically call "Sunny Beach", and the edema miraculously disappeared. Amen to that! :) The water was freezing... but the buoyancy was too tempting. I did some laps and some aqua-gym exercises to keep me warm. The icing on the cake was when Czili and I tried the tube slide (David refers to it as a toboggan). It was FUN. Yeah... one of my crazy momma moments :D I think both Czili and I enjoyed it.

Look what we got for you Czili!

Shopping was our major activity for this weekend. Mamka's babicka instinct also kicked in and we were just shopping like there's no tomorrow :) One of my favorite items is the baptismal sleeping bag (only in CZ). We also bought everything for the crib, an orthopedic diaper (whatever!), burp cloths, a towel, etc. We also bought a belly belt for my Czili belly to prevent back aches cause it seems that I'm growing all belly... and it's not hard to imagine that I'll topple over in time. Hehe. To complete the picture, we also got a bag of hand-me-down clothes from David's nephew plus baby clothes from David himself. I find that really cool... tradition is an awesome thing.

It is also worthy to mention that I feasted on my favorite Czech meal: goulash, knedlicky (Czech dumplings), and medovnik (honey cake) for dessert. Hmm... I was in heaven... so was Czili :) We gained 1kg just for this weekend... need I say more? :D

We visited a friend of David who just gave birth and I was comforted by the fact that things went well for her labor and delivery. I also received a birthing story from my friend via email and things went well also. All happy endings :) Now I can't help but think that it will be my turn soon but it still seems like a fairytale to me ...something unreal. I got a bit nervous saying goodbye to family and friends... cause for sure it's the last time they will see me pregnant... next time would be after the big day *GULP*

Laziness: Here's our train ticket dear conductor! :p

It was a nice relaxing trip that ended with an adventure... while we were vacationing, the airline we were taking got bankrupt! All the flights were cancelled! :( We had an option to take another airline the following afternoon but David had a meeting in the afternoon and had to arrive earlier. To make the long story short, we eneded up taking a 13hour bus ride back to Brussels. We packed enough food to keep me alive but the long sitting and the 20 minute bus pause at every major city was a killer! I can now see it... Czili will be a true blue traveller! :)

I again caught an edema on both my ankles from this long ride, though I happily got rid of it during the aqua-gym class. It was again a comic experience cause I recruited another preggy girl to the class just to find out that the pre-natal aqua gym was not yet offered this week... so we joined the real aqua-gym session instead. The instructor wanted to refund our ticket but we were determined to join in... hehe. It was actually better than the pre-natal one but I doubt that the instructor will take us in again :p

There were too many tasks at work this week... I was quite stressed out. I missed on my kinetic therapies and some of my baby plus sessions :( But my OB confirmed that I was A-OK during my monthly check-up. Czili had a good heartbeat and my uterus is measuring fine. He is now so active and growing up fast. What's good is that he is already head down and in proper position... I hope he won't wiggle his way to breach (head up).

The only concern of my OB is that I gained almost 4kg in 4 weeks' time. Hehe. Though a total of 9kg weight gain is not so bad. What's bad is that I failed my gestational diabetes test. Argh! The max. level was 140 and I got 142. My OB says that it maybe because I took breakfast... but this should be just fine. The only downer is that I now have to schedule a glucose tolerance test... bummer!

The doctor also gave me a letter to give to David's employer for some benefits. Other than that, I am just very tired and fatigued all day... I guess this is mother natures way of telling me that I should already get as much rest as I can cause labor is drawing near *shivers*

No comments:

Post a Comment