Because of these symptoms, we had some big plans for this weekend that almost didn't realize. One of which is a techno concert, famously called "Laundry day". David's company was sponsoring the event and he got some free tickets. Luckily it was held in one of my favorite Belgian cities, Antwerp! :D So I didn't mind sleep walking through it. Hehe.
Spectators chillin' on top of the Netlog hill :)
There were at least 60,000 people who attended (don't ask where I got my estimate) but we were safely seated on top of the "Netlog" hill, spying on the crowd of 'youngsters' waving and jumping to the beat... already feeling the crowd that Czili might join in case we settle in long enough... gosh... this is how people transition to parents! LOL
Waddling through thousands of techno music lovers
The concert wrapped up as a shopping trip for me as we bought some souvenier shirts... one for Czili from Aaitski coolafied t-shirts (http://www.aaitski.com/) that says "Bulldowzah". Cutie :)
The Saturday ended with a birthday dinner talking about pregnancy, labor & delivery, and enjoying Filipino food yet again. The following day, it was all about Polish cuisine with a bunch of nice Polish peeps. We talked about life in Brussels and the work environment in EU, during this challenging time.
All-in-all, this week blasted off with good food and good conversation.... I'm not sure if the former was a good thing cause I was scheduled to have my 3 hour glucose test on Monday. Hehe. But I still stick to my initial decision of not dieting/cheating the system... so I even happily ate desserts and sweets. Hihi! :p
I woke up extra early for my dreaded glucose test. They drew blood 3X: 1 before drinking the glucose concentrate that tasted awful and 2x as much as the first test *Yuck*, 1 after an hour and so on. The side effect is the same... fatigue, slepiness and dizziness. What saved me is that the nurse placed me in a room on a lazy-boy chair ... I slept the entire time :D I even went home to sleep some more... if it were not for the alarm, I wouldn't have made it to work. Czili was of course dancing around the pool of sugars the entire day. I can already feel not just the feet and hands but knees and elbows and butt! Hehe. Really amusing... but I'm not entirely sure if that is good... the sugar made me feel really sick :( The only good thing I got out of this crazy test is that I got rid of my fear of needles. Hehe.
Thankfully there was a yoga class in the evening this week... I was back to my "center" for the entire week. But despite the yoga and the "centering", I still experienced some cramps on my lower left abs at one point... but it maybe because we sold our furniture this week and were just sleeping on a futton mattress :/ Since I try to obidiently sleep on my left side, I think my sciatic nerve protested! Good thing it only lasted a day.
Yup, back to were we started... humble living until we transfer to the new flat... new bed... Czili... can't wait! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment